At Ripon Cathedral we share the pilgrimage of faith together as a community. Christianity is a lifelong journey of following Jesus in which we grow and continue our learning. We are guided by teachers in the faith and encouraged by mutual support.
We have a wide range of inclusive worshiping and learning opportunities. Wherever you are on your journey, let us meet you there.
You are very welcome to join us!
Amongst the opportunities on offer to help deepen your faith, further your learning and extend your service of others are:
Participating in worship
Joining in discussion groups
Signing up for retreats or pilgrimages
Getting involved with cathedral partnerships
Supporting the future of the cathedral
Volunteering your time and experience
Becoming a special advisor
Finding a new role in the team
Partnership is at the centre of the cathedral’s outreach to the local and regional community and intrinsic to the way in which we seek to further the growth of God’s kingdom within the Diocese of Leeds. We work and learn together with key partners in every sector – voluntary, public and private, including the military and other churches – for the common good.
Included amongst our many partners are:
- The Diocese of Leeds
- The Lieutenancy
- The Shrievalty
- Ripon City Council, Ripon BID (Visit Ripon) and Ripon Together
- Ripon Cathedral Rural Forum representing the rural community
- North Yorkshire Council
- Military communities
- The Hospitals and Chapels Trusts of St John’s Bondgate and St Mary Magdalen
- Ripon Cathedral also has a benefice which includes four parishes: Ripon Cathedral, Sharrow with Copt Hewick, Bishop Monkton and Burton Leonard
Cathedral Community Connections
C3 is the group through which members of the congregations extend the cathedral’s mission through partnership with local charities and community groups. The aim is to further our vision to ‘Grow God’s Kingdom’ through prayer and practical service.
Examples of C3’s work includes:
- Providing practical help to raise awareness of partners’ causes
- Hosting special services and fundraising events
- Collecting food and clothing for those in need
- Joining partners as volunteers
- Holding partners in regular prayer
Our C3 partners are:
Friends of Ripon Cathedral
The Friends of Ripon Cathedral is an independent registered charity (Ch. No. 1062095) which is devoted to supporting the life of Ripon Cathedral. Friends members come from the local Ripon community and the wider region to participate in range of talks and events throughout the year.
Membership starts from £15 per year. Please contact us for more information